NAMI Basics For Parents of Youth
NAMI Basics is a free, 6-session online education program for parents, guardians and other family who provide care for youth (age 22 or younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms.
You’ll learn the facts about mental health conditions and how best to support your child at home, at school and when they’re getting medical care. Last year, 99% of participants told us they would recommend the program to other parents.
What You’ll Gain
At NAMI Basics, you’ll find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope. NAMI Basics provides mutual support and shared positive impact—experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation.
NAMI Basics covers:
- Solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Accepting that mental health conditions are no one’s fault
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your youth with compassion
- Advocating for your youth’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies
- Preparing for and responding to crisis
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
If you would like to sign up for NAMI Basics, fill out the form below. We will contact you about registration once we have your information.