Family-to-Family Pre-Registration Form
Please fill out the form below to let us know of your interest. Please keep in mind that this is a Pre-Registration and not a guarantee of entry to the course, you will be notified before it starts if you are registered.
NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, confidential, and safe educational program for family, friends, and caregivers of people living with mental illness.
It is a designated evidenced-based program. Research shows that the program significantly improves the coping and problem-solving abilities of the people closest to an individual living with a mental health condition.
- NAMI Family-to-Family is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there, and includes presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
- All instruction and course materials are free to class participants.
- Over 300,000 family members have graduated nationwide.
What does the course include?
Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
The next Family to Family Course is scheduled for March 2nd, Pre-registration is now open!